Understanding Benefits of BDD Testing for High Product Quality
BDD is a development process based on Agile framework, which is a facilitator for seamless collaboration between developers, testers, and non-technical or business participants in a software project. It helps teams to formalize a common understanding of how the application should behave through dialogue and specific examples. BDD is essentially about rethinking how unit testing and acceptance testing are done in order to eliminate problems that occur naturally.
Quality has become a more integral factor in all stages of the project, not just at the end, as more organizations move from waterfall to Agile or Agile-like methods testing. As a result, continuous development and testing have emerged as the latest paradigm for software development and testing. One of the key players in this fields include the new age test automation tools like QARA Enterprise that are designed for complete.
What is BDD Testing
BDD, or behavior-driven development, is a framework for a more open and efficient way for teams new to agile software delivery to measure human behaviour rather than a machine function, which was first written by Dan North.
It is an agile software development methodology that is an extension of TDD (Test Driven Development). Test cases in behavior-driven development testing are written in a natural language that non-programmers can understand.
Benefits of BDD Testing
Given below are some of the main benefits of behavior-driven development testing or BDD testing to help QA teams to help them make an informed decision.
- The link between documentation and tests is maintained by BDD testing. As a consequence, if tests fail due to an incorrect specification, you can update the documentation's executable requirements. As a result, the paperwork is kept up to date. BDD testing promotes the use of a Domain-Specific Language (DSL) to improve connectivity, drive clarity in specifications, and prevent misunderstandings. Having a simple DSL that is used by all team members helps to promote understanding greatly.
- BDD testing allows you to write acceptance tests and specifications in smaller, more manageable chunks. Participants are encouraged to work on requirements in small chunks by describing individual scenarios in dedicated function files. This makes it easier to remain focused on providing a specific chunk or function that satisfies a collection of well-defined acceptance requirements.
- Working features should be produced and delivered as soon as possible, according to BDD testing. The fact that developers are working to pass predefined checks facilitates the early release of functionality that can be demonstrated to business users.
- The automated tests are likely to be much more stable if more thought is put into the specifications at the start. However, the more reliable the requirements, design, and code are, the easier it is to keep the automated tests running consistently.
- It's simple to reuse test measures in various automation scenarios with the right methodology and software. Some program stacks make this simpler to enforce than others. In theory, though, once you’ve automated a move, it can be used in any automation scenario. This is one of the key Benefits of BDD Testing.
Want to experience the benefits of behavior-driven development testing or BDD testing with an advanced new age test management platform like QARA Enterprise? Visit www.qaratest.com or drop us an email at email@example.com.