Enhancing the Test Management Capabilities of Jira with QARAJ
If you are a developer or QA professional, you would say that Jira is a platform that needs no introduction! The reason is that Jira is a bug tracking and project management tool that is widely used by the developer and community across the globe. The reason behind this widespread popularity of Jira is the fact that this tool offers multiple features that make project management easier and facilitate easy collaboration between members of large teams working on a project and even between different teams.
Interestingly enough, Jira is also increasingly used for another purpose – something that it was never meant to be used for! Wondering what we are talking about here? Well, we are referring to test management. Yes, even though Jira was not developed to be used for test management, large number of QA professionals are using it for the purpose, in spite of its limitations. The familiarity with Jira is also one of the factors here. After all, why switch to another tool when a single tool can serve the purpose?
To cater to this challenge faced by QA professionals and to help them experience enhanced test management capabilities in Jira, one needs a Jira test management tool. A Jira test management tool is nothing but a comprehensive test management tool that integrates seamlessly with Jira to offer enhanced test management capabilities. QARA Enterprise is an example of a Jira test management tool and the magical little "thing" that makes this integration happen is the QARAJ add-on for Jira.
Why choose QARAJ for enhanced test management in Jira
QARA – Test Management for JIRA (QARAJ) is an add-on that is used with JIRA to enhance its test management capabilities. It can also be used with QARA Enterprise to track projects and bugs on the same platform, without the need to switch to JIRA. The add-on is available for download on the Atlassian Marketplace.
- Easily create new Test Cases as an ‘issue type’ in QARAJ.
- Assign the test cases within a project into folders.
- Create Test Cycles and assign Test cases to a test cycle.
- Execute the test case to compare the expected and actual results/performance.
- View a history of executed test cases and generate test reports.
- Integrates with QARA Enterprise test automation tool
- Allows organizing test cases into folders
- Allows full visibility into test projects and team productivity and helps in standardizing the best practice procedures.
QARAJ is a part of the QARA Enterprise Suite that consists of multiple products, each designed for a different functionality associated with QA of software products and applications.